Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: My Kirsten's Hair Is Getting Really Dry...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BananaSmoothie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2005
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your helpful comments and opinions everyone!

    Okay, I got the Downey, and I have a couple of new questions:

    After soaking the hair in the Downey for an hour or so, am I supposed to rinse it out with plain water?

    Do I let the hair dry completely before steaming, or do I steam the hair when it's wet?[/B}

    About how much Downey should I put in the water, 2 capfulls maybe, and should I dilute it in water?


    Sorry about all my questions, just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly [img]smile.gif[/img] Thank you very much for all your help so far!

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ August 19, 2005 11:17 AM: Message edited by: BananaSmoothie ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 19, 2005 11:20 AM: Message edited by: BananaSmoothie ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After soaking the hair in the Downey for an hour or so, am I supposed to rinse it out with plain water?
    Yes, rinse with WARM water and rinse and rinse and rinse. Rinse until you're 110% positive it's running clear, and then rinse for at least another 60 seconds. You want to make sure there is no residue.

    Do I let the hair dry completely before steaming, or do I steam the hair when it's wet?
    Oh, varying opinions on that. I'll let others more experienced with steaming tackle that one. I've steamed both dry and damp, but I've never restored hair that was extremely, extremely dry.

    About how much Downey should I put in the water, 2 capfulls maybe, and should I dilute it in water?
    I have used a 50/50 dilution and just straight Downy. I found the results to be pretty much identical.

    ETA: When I do a major hair overhall, I wrap the doll from the neck down with Glad Press N Seal, just to be sure there are no leaks.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 19, 2005 02:56 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member BananaSmoothie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2005
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just want to say thank you SO much everyone for all your help. The Downey Dunk worked wonders! Kirsten's hair is much nicer. I haven't done any steaming, but I might later. This process worked very well. You are all geniuses [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    BananaSmoothie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •